Wednesday, April 21, 2010

wednesday mornings

My Wednesday's are quite routine, quite special, quite unique...and at the end of the day- quite tiring!

Every Wednesday morning i have the unique privilege of cooking breakfast for any and all middle or high school students, we eat breakfast together and then i drive them to school! It's undoubtedly one of the sweetest parts of my job!

After breakfast there is a lot of clean-up, dirty dishes, pancake batter, ingredients strewn about, and a house well loved by the kids and in need of a little TLC. I get my coffee going and try to savor this time when the kids have all gone and it is just me in the house. (Geez, I sound like a mom!) I slip on my pink dish washing gloves (which have revolutionized my view of hand washing dishes) and get to work. Ah, the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment